.

.
.

Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Yellow Haddock, New Potatoes and Peas


This is one of my husbands child hood food memories. Fresh poached smoked haddock, served with new potatoes and peas. How very English!?!


 

The perfect "lighter" meal for springtime I would say!

I think I have found thi
s recipe originally in Delia’s guide to fish cookery but I might have altered it slightly..


Ingredients

350-400g smoked haddock (you could also use cod)
2 big tbsp. of crème fraiche
1 tbsp snipped fresh chives
10g diced butter
150ml whole milk
black pepper


First place the haddock in a frying pan add a little black pepper but no salt. Then pour in the milk, bring to simmer and simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes. When they are cooked the fish turns pale and opaque.
 

 
Now carefully remove the fish to a plate.

Increase the heat and add the crème fraiche. Continue to simmer, uncovered for 2-3 minutes until the sauce reduces and thickens slightly. Whisk in the butter and return the fish to the sauce. Scatter in the chives. Let it bubble for a minute and then its ready to serve.


Serve with new potatoes and peas!










This post is linked up with various link parties please take a look at my "I link up to" page and join in!


 


2 comments :

  1. I love this recipe. I am famous for overcooking my fish. I think cooking it in the creme as you did will help me repair my reputation with my family :-) Your blog is beautiful and I look forward to finding more great recipes to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sadi, thank you so much for your beautiful comment. I found this works best when cooking fish and I hope it helps you to repair your reputation ;-)...please let me know how you get on!

      Delete

Hi...how nice to hear from you! Any comments are highly valued! If you leave your blog address I would love to see what you are creating....