.

.
.

Tuesday, 14 January 2014

In search of the perfect baby boots


My sister in law, my cousin and my work friend are all expecting babies early this year. I thought it would be nice to make them a quilt for their babies as well as a pair of booties and matching bibs.
I am all set with the quilts but I am now looking for inspiration on baby boots.







There are loads of patterns available and I stumbled across some brilliant blogs. Among them was a post for felt baby boots on a great blog called The Purl Bee. Click here  for an excellent step by step and pattern by Molly/The Purl Bee.

The boots looked fun and easy enough to make and I decided to take a break from machine sewing and make a pair of them.

Although they are not quite what I was looking for they are turned out great! Oh and by the way Leia chose the colours! God job it was just an experiment!

If you are looking for some baby slippers these are great. The possibilities of decorating them are endless!!

I think they would also make great decorations for a baby shower!
Maybe a little smaller they could be used as table decorations or as a beautiful present topper or a unique way of saying congratulations or......












This post is linked up with various link parties please take a look at my "I link up to" page and join in!


 



1 comment :

  1. How pretty are these?! Lovely idea to make some for everyone too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi...how nice to hear from you! Any comments are highly valued! If you leave your blog address I would love to see what you are creating....