Thursday, 18 July 2013

Greeting Pebbles




 
 
 
 
 
For me this is a perfect way of saying “Happy Birthday”, "Congratulations" or “Get well soon”. I see my pebbles around my family and friends homes long after the cards have disappeared.


An easy, fun project for a rainy day and the kids love it too!


 


Materials

Pebbles 
Any pebbled with a smooth service will do. We go to the beach or down
the river quite a lot and get a collection together

Serviettes
This is the best part, going shopping choosing serviettes that we like. I tend to go with serviettes that have several smaller motives on them
Words or letters are also quite useful.
Glue and a paint brush


Glitter if using

    kids will definitely want to use some sparkle!

 
To start the project remove the top layer of the serviette. (This might be a bit tricky for little ones!) You only want to use this one layer!
Choose a design on your serviette that you would like and cut it out. You could just also cut a circle or square around the motive.

Brush some glue onto the chosen pebble, place the motive on top and carefully brush a little more glue over the design to secure it in place. Add the glitter if using and let it dry!
 
Some presentation ideas

I like to place a pebble in a flower pot before I wrap the pot with some cellophane.

I stick them on a beautiful wrapped present

For my colleges at work I wrap them up with a pile of neat paper scraps to use as a paper weight at their desk
…. add a pen, a nice bow – perfect!
 
 



 This post is linked up with various link parties please take a look at my "I link up to" page and join in!




4 comments:

  1. I like these! They're so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweet greeting pebbles! I pinned your post. I made some of these a couple years ago. They're a lot of fun and thrifty:) Stop by. I posted anchor dress, and fabric flower to Made you look:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are so cute.....I think I need to make some! Thanks for sharing at The Project Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing at A Peek Into My Paradise TGIF Link Party! I just wanted to let you know I am featuring you this week. I would love for you to grab my button to add to the post or your sidebar. I would love for you to share your news of being featured on your social media. I can't wait to see what you link up next week!
    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/
    Have a great week!
    Hugs! Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Hi...how nice to hear from you! Any comments are highly valued! If you leave your blog address I would love to see what you are creating....