.

.
.

Monday, 12 November 2012

Peanuts and White Chocolate




I am not the biggest fan of peanut butter but I think it’s the texture that I am not too keen on. So mixed in with other ingredients I enjoy the flavour. This is an easy no bake recipes for some peanut butter slabs, topped with a mixture of white chocolate, peanuts and sultanas and finished off with Dark Chocolate……




















Ingredients
250g/9oz Digestive Biscuits
200g/7oz crunchy Peanut Butter
a little extra Butter if necessary
a generous handful of shelled Peanuts (not salted)
a generous handful of Sultanas
250g/9oz White Chocolate
100g/3.5oz Dark Chocolate

In a food processor, process biscuits to crumbs and add peanut butter. The Mixture should represent sticky crumbs that hold their shape when pressed together. If this isn’t the case then add a little extra melted butter until the mixture comes together.

Line a square tin with parchment paper and add the biscuit/peanut butter mix, press into the tin to create the base. Place in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.

In the microwave melt white chocolate and add peanuts and sultanas. Pour onto the base and spread out.

Melt the dark chocolate and pour over the white chocolate. Place back into the fridge to set completely.

To cut the cake hold a large knife over the steam of a kettle…(please please please take extra care)…, that makes it a lot easier to cut through the chocolate without braking it!

 

 
This post is linked up with various link parties please take a look at my "I link up to" page and join in!

 
 Featured on...


 
 
 



 
 
 



12 comments :

  1. This look delicious! Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good, I love chocolate and peanut butter! I don't know what digestive biscuits are. Do you know what anything that we have in the states that could be substituted, because that sounds wonderful.
    Thanks for linking up
    Steph
    swtboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steph, thanks for your comment. I believe the US alternative to Digestive Biscuits are Graham Crackers?? Digestive Biscuits are basically just plain wheat biscuits and are also used to make the base of a cheese cake. Hope this helps..please let me know how you get on...

      Delete
  3. Oh my! These look bad for me, BUT delicious. Thank you for sharing.

    We may have met by chance...but we become friends by choice.
    http://simpleesue.com/try-one-new-recipe-a-week-mexican-pizza

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, those look fabulous! I love peanut butter and chocolate; I've got to try this.

    Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious! Definitely will have to try this soon. Best wishes from Australia:)Tani

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look delicious!!! pinned and now following you

    Natasha @ www.serenityyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you and your family a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, those look good. I am never going to loose weight if I keep blogging. Thanks so much for sharing on "I GottaTry That"

    Have a great Thanksgiving.

    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for linking to Make The Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill, you are being featured later today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chocolate and peanut butter is always yummy! Thanks for sharing at I Made It! Monday. Can't wait to see what you link up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the name of this recipe! I'll eat a slab of chocolate and peanut butter any day!

    Thanks for partying with us at Keep Calm & Link Up last week! Our party is starting a tad later this Thursday evening at 9 PM EST! Come join us when you get a chance sometime this weekend...can't wait to see what you've been working on!
    xo, Meredith @ www.waittilyourfathergetshome.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi...how nice to hear from you! Any comments are highly valued! If you leave your blog address I would love to see what you are creating....